Wednesday, January 5, 2011

it's all good

Standing outside the tent is actually not bad. The view out here is AMAZING! Fresh air and clouds and furry little animals running about. The sun comes up each morning and peeks about through the hills and tall tress. The ground warms up and I can smell sweet flowers as they reach for a dose of energy from their provider. Yes, birds sing and rain gently falls sometimes. The little campers run about and play with dirt and rocks and make up funny games. Out here, in Gods country, away from the busy city life, away from the hate and the hurry and the blame and the worry, away from bills and electronics and work and the micro-managed lives we follow everyday....you can find it -the way HE made it.. . Out here, It's All Good.

I have heard this phrase many times in my life. Recently I have witnessed the amazing grace that can be placed on a person who speaks truth all the time. This amazing, beautiful person uses this phrase more as a motto. At first I thought it was just what they said to make light of any situation that might not be a perfect one. Often using it in situations where I would never have seen the light and the glory but would probably see pain and sadness. But what I would hear again "It's all good".  As I grew closer and watched closer and through this friend put myself out there in faith, I could see that through strength and faith in the power of our maker, yes it is ALL GOOD. Earlier tonight I sat and thought of how good all things made by him are just that and that phrase when though my head. Later tonight I read my middle camper ( we call him Zach) a story. It was from the Bible storybook we bought for his big sister a few years back. And, now that big sister has a big girl bible he gets this fun story telling one. I started on the first page and as the "real" Bible goes.. it started in the beginning. I was quite proud of myself for reading and not tearing up. I am quite the cry baby and it often attacks me while reading sweet stories to my campers.
Had this phrase not been in my head all day, then this story would not have made me pause to breath and compose myself. Here is what got to me:

"God hovered over the deep, silent darkness. He was making life happen. God spoke. That's all. And whatever he said, it happened. God said, "Hello light!" and light shone into the darkness. God called the light, 'Day' and the darkness, 'Night'. "you're good," God said. And they were."

Whatever you are standing in front of.  The door of the house you can barely afford... The start of a new journey as a parent... The end of a journey with an old friend. A giant pile of laundry, of leaves, of bills..... A house full of people you can't manage.... A puppy who wont do her business where she should.... The door of your new tent you are too chicken to step into... Look at what really matters. Look at all things made by God. All things were made for us by him and made for us for good. When you look hard enough you can see that behind the busy and the dirty and the bothersome, there is the good. It took me witnessing it in a friend who had odds upon odds stacked against them. Who seeks him and comes out on top and knows what has been promised.

He said it him self, he made it himself - so it must be. It's all good!

-The Jesus Storybook Bible - written by sally lloyd-jones pg 18-19

tommorrow -I found a  puzzle peice - 

1 comment: