Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Bigger Vision

 I can most definitely set up a tent, by myself, in the 115 degree heat, with 3 kids,a puppy and a husband near by! Will the tent last through the night? Maybe. Will it still be standing in a week? I can't tell you that either. What I can tell you - That old tent....I tore it down - I am starting new. I have found myself a tent builder. He's been in business for a while now and he is kind of a pro at keeping people safe and dry. I have known him for a long time. Problem was, I hadn't thought to ask him for help until now. I'm looking outwards now from inside this tent that I have decided to keep my family in. What I can tell you is that from this moment forward I know who and what I need inside the tent with us to keep it pegged down through tough winds and uncertain storms. Like many starting out, I haven't much to build with yet. My investment is in stretchy fabric and heavy stakes! The tools to survive through each storm will vary day by day, as I have set myself up with a pallet of many potentially  exciting adventures. Though looking in from a view point in the woods, my tent seems crazy, don't be quick to judge me. My willingness to take advice is great and humorous at times. Laugh with me as I pull my camp along on this Vision I can see clearly.

My goal is to live a simple life filled with the things I need (and sometimes want). To raise my children to love and know God and grow to be loving, giving, selfless little sprouts of this world. To seek God and embrace the path he has chosen for me. To look at what's right in my life and not what's wrong. To always follow my bigger vision. To remember which things fall into the category "Not In My Tent"

No comments:

Post a Comment